CICAL provided an all-trades project management service to Brasseries Interbrew for the construction of two large new breweries in Belgium, one in Jupille and the other in Leuven, each with a capacity of 4 million hectolitres.
Their aim: to have state-of-the-art production facilities to help them develop internationally and become leader on the beer market.
For each brewery:
- Receipt and storage of raw materials
- 3 brewing rooms, each with a capacity of 650 hl
- 3 wort treatment units
- 72 cylindrical conical fermenting tanks of 3,900 hl
- 12 cylindrical conical fermenting tanks of 1,300 hl
- Two yeast propagation systems and one yeast room
- A spent yeast storage and disposal installation
- A spent grains storage and disposal installation
- Two cleaning stations
- General services: water treatment and distribution, steam production, refrigeration, compressed air production, CO2 treatment, HV/LV transformer and LV power distribution panel, treatment of effluent.
- Fitting out of the laboratory
- Installation of the offices
- For the Jupille brewery, a 600 hl/h filtration line, including a filtration line, a deaeration module, a cleaning station and the interconnections up and downstream of the filters