CICAL assisted Glaces Erhard with the creation of a new ice cream and sorbet production plant, as well as a logistics and order picking centre in Etupes (Doubs).
Their aim was to have a logistics centre capable of storing all the group’s products and shipping its orders. This was intended to enable it to operate on a much larger scale.
CICAL carried out the conceptual studies and managed both projects. It designed a factory equipped with the latest generation of machinery.
Logistics and order picking centre:
- Storage capacity: 5,400 pallets at -26° in a 2,600 m², 14 m high warehouse
- Storage in a shuttle racking system
- Storage in narrow aisles using wire-guided reach trucks
- Storage in conventional racks
- Picking of 45,000 boxes, rotation of 2,000 pallets a month
- 900 kW CO2 refrigeration system with heat recovery
Ice cream and sorbet production plant:
- A 3,000 m² building and 4 production lines meeting the IFS requirements
- Automation of production from mixing to packaging, including ageing and whipping
- Cooling of the entire factory and deep freezing of the product in the spiral tunnel by a CO2 refrigeration system
- After packaging, transfer of pallets of finished products by conveyor to the adjoining logistics area