In 2008, CICAL designed an entirely new, high-performance, automated plant producing meat pies and tartes flambées for the Pierre Schmidt group.
The 10,000 m² Weyersheim factory has a capacity of 11 tonnes, and the site includes the production lines, the group’s logistics centre, staff facilities and administrative offices.
The challenges were to improve production capacity and streamline processes.
- Organisation of flows and layout of the workshops, technical departments and staff areas
- Improvement of the tarte flambée production process, with a new, high-throughput automated production line
- Separation of wet and dry areas
- Temperature, humidity and air flow control in the plant
- Installation of a centralised CO2 refrigeration system
- Commissioning services for the technical work packages (refrigeration, electricity, air, steam, discharge treatment)
- IFS certification
- Works supervision