SYNERLAB – LABORATOIRES BTT26 May 2021
VAL D’ARGENT26 May 2021
MOËT & CHANDON
A new champagne production site
In 2011, CICAL was chosen by the LVMH group, the largest producer of champagnes, to create a new champagne production site.
CICAL acted as specialised process project manager, supporting the client from the design stage through to the commissioning of the new site at Mont Aigu.
The brief: to provide the client with an industrial plant capable of producing bottles of standard and vintage champagnes. CICAL therefore designed and developed a production site that combined innovation, modernity, efficiency and aesthetics.
An investment of €140 million over 4 years (2011-2015)
- Fermenting room with a capacity of 150,000 hectolitres
- 36,000 m² of automated cellar space (capacity 40 million bottles)
- Bottling room capable of handling 18,000 bottles an hour
- Automated riddling area
- Transfer workshop capable of handling 15,000 bottles an hour
- Disgorgement workshop
- Labelling workshop capable of handling 12,000 bottles an hour
- Shipping area capable of handling 20 million bottles a year
- Setting up of a unit traceability system